LabourCo are excited to work in partnership with Sydney Trains (RailCorp) to provide shunter crews at Clyde, Chullora Yard and Bombo Quarry (Near Kiama).
In order to be considered you MUST BE A QUALIFIED SHUNTER with a strong commitment to bringing a positive and willing attitude to the team – to contribute to a culture of mateship, working alongside others, building positive communications and contributing to (not just ticking boxes) a SAFE work environment!
Initially during your training within the various shunting yards, inductions and VOC periods you may only be allocated 2 or 3 shifts per week. As time passes and you have proven to be a valuable team worker, you will likely work 30-40 hours per week including days, nights and weekends.
NON-Negotiable requirements to be considered:
- Certificate II in Rail Operations – Shunting
- CURRENT Rail Industry Worker Card
- Minimum of 12 months’ experience performing all aspects of yard shunting including safety checks on rolling stock, 16, 32 and 36 wagon shunts on various line configurations.
- MUST have current Category 2 RAIL MEDICAL and recent Drug and Alcohol Screening Results (within 6 months) or be willing to update at own cost if considered.
- Ability to work a rotating roster and located within reasonable proximity to the workplaces in order to remain within fatigue guidelines.
- You will be 100% committed to working in a safety critical role, you will have a breach free safety record verified by recent supervisory referees.
What’s in it for you?
- Full pre-start induction and yard familiarisation relevant to the client site of work.
- Work with one of Australia’s leading Rail Network Providers
- Excellent rates of pay and conditions well in excess of the Rail Industry Award rates.
- Opportunity to work day, weekend and night shifts which attract generous penalty rates with super paid on all hours worked.
- Opportunities for development – further your career in rail
APPLY NOW If what you read sounds like it could be for you, we invite you to Click on APPLY FOR THIS JOB.
Due to the ad-hoc and casual nature of the work, interstate and over-seas applicants will not be considered.
LabourCo is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity. We take pride in promoting a cultural diverse workplace and partner with clients who demonstrate a commitment to same. All applicants must be able to evidence their Right to Work in Australia.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.